Wednesday, August 6, 2008

What is the most exciting thing that ever happened to you?

The most exciting thing that has ever happened to me, happened last week in Washington D.C. I got to travel to D.C. for 9 days meet people from all 50 states and around 14 different countries. I got to listen to amazing professionals speak passionately about their jobs. I was able to see D.C. and all its glory, the senate building, the capitol, Vietnam memorial, Lincolns memorial, South Korea memorial, and of course the city itself. I was able to cheer, and lose my voice. I was able to work with 5 and 6 year olds at the Boys and Girls club and teach them about Malaria with the Nothing But Nets foundation. (they put a whole article on their website)


i got the chance to see Mike Huckabee, and Hilary Clinton. I was able to make amazing friends, and memories that will last me a life time.
I bet you're thinking, Ok sounds good, sign me up. Well, this was an amazing adventure and it all started with the HOBY award i mentioned in my other blog around... May 17th . I went to the HOBY MO and had an amazing... i mean OUTSTANDING time. I wanted more, so my mom worked her but off to get me signed up for the 2008 Hugh O'brien Youth Leadership World Leadership Congress (aka HOBY WLC).
Lets just say it was the most amazing experience of my life.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Hi Taylor,

I'm smiling thinking of you smiling - hope you are feeling better.

This experience has changed your life - there is so much one can do when they "believe" and live life with a passion.

When we take our individual gifts and bring them to each other --- miracles can happen. Continue to make miracles !

Love you,,,, Aunt Patty