Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Host

I just finished The Host by Stephanie Meyer. I was extremely surprised and pleased with this book.
If you don't know Stephanie Meyer is the fantastic woman who came up with the Twilight series. They are a humongous hit, and the Twilight movie is coming out in December. A funny tid bit about Twilight: So when i first read it there was no big hubbub on it. Nobody was asking me have you read Twilight yet? Nobody was fantasizing about Edward or pitying Bella. I swear me and my sister were the first major fans. One thing you can measure this by is i had to WAIT for each book. I finished twilight and was itching for New Moon, i finished New Moon and was screaming for Eclipse, when i found out Breaking Dawn was the last book i almost died waiting for that baby to come out. Once me and my sister read Twilight we were immediately in love. With Edward (the gorgeous vampire) with the plot, and with all the other characters as well. We talked it up, and the fire spread. everywhere..... Now its a big hit and everyone is like obsessed!

So anyway. Back to The Host. As i said before i was very surprised. I read this excepting a love romance, but thought the romance played a key role, the book was not focused around it as in Twilight. I was taken aback by how though out the plot was and how interesting the "sci-fi'ness" of it was. I mean who thinks up a world where there are more than 9 planets, and souls who have taken over every single one, including earth. Oh but they aren't here to destroy us, but to help us. They have no government, no police, no money.... its crazy. Yet there are the rebels (go humans!) which is where the story comes in.

I was surprised with the amount of information Meyer had created. Everything was in depth and ...well amazing!
I have to admit, it was a bit hard to read. So much information and not enough action. But the last 20 chapters or so were so intense and so amazing that the book is now my favorite (other than The Book Thief).

Read it!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Omg i started reading them like right after you guys left and they are the best boooks in da world.... Nick Jonas n edward are me new loves.... robert pattinson (sp) is playing edward kristen steart is Bella and the cutest of them of .... TAYLOR LAUTNER AS JACOB BLACK! me n my friend are gonna c it as soon as it comes out! E-mail me!


Jamie <3

TaylorMarie said...

i agree, taylor lautner is cute, but i think robert is waaaayy cuter!