Tuesday, August 19, 2008

LOTR: Lady of the Rings

Do you know that game where you come up to someone from behind and cover their eyes and they proceed to guess who it is? Well i hate that game. Because i always lose... every time.

That's because if you know me, you know my rings. I wear four rings all the time, never take them off, ever. well..... here:

It began with the forging of the Great Rings.


One ring was given to the left ring finger immortal, wisest...fairest of all fingers:
My purity ring. Yay for Jesus, that's why i have it. Promise ring, whatever you call it. I wear it on my wedding finger and it's silver, my favorite. I've had it since July of 2007. I bought it at Steubenville(the church retreat i go on). I love it sooo much. It reads: True Love Waits.

One ring given to the right ring finger a great miner and craftsman of the mountain halls:
Well this is my class ring. I paid a lot of money for this pretty baby. I love it oh so very much. Before i had it i wore my mom's big chunky gold class ring, even though i hate gold with a passion. I just really love the old style rings. I think it's stupid when people buy super fancy pretty class rings that people can't even tell it's your class ring. Anyway. Mines silver (white lustrium actually) it's got a pretty light blue stone and it says Lafayette High School around it, 2010 on one side with a cross, and Taylor on the other side with strings. I've had it since around April of 2008.

And one...one ring was gifted to the right pinkie finger who, above all else, desires power:
This little one was introduced just recently and it's sooo pretty. I already talked about it once on my other blog because i bought it in death valley. It's silver, of course, and made of little hearts connected together. It's so cute, but it's a little too big for me. I can't tell you how many times it's fallen off my finger and i've had a heart attack thinking i lost it.

For within these rings was bound the strength and will to govern each finger. But they were all of them deceived....for another ring was made. In the land of Mordor, in the fires of Mount Doom, the left middle finger forged in secret a Master Ring to control all others:
Haha yeah right.... Well this ring is just a baby, i've had it for about 4 days now. It's a little bubbly looking cross with a purple stone in the middle. I bought it at Family Christian on clearance for like 5 bucks. I really like it.

So. I am always on the look out for rings. I like 'em real simple, nothing too fancy. But i LOVE rings. its an obsession of mine just thought i'd share that since i've got nothing else really to talk about. and i just threw in Lord of the Rings references.

So if someone ever covers your eyes, just look at the fingers.... if there four rings, it's most likely me.


My next conquest is:

2 comments:

ChristineElizabeth said...

haha taylor i love you.
and i also have a ton of rings...people know its me when they see my hands

Fols said...

only one ring....20 years...never take it off. It's a promise ring too.

Keep blogging,