Friday, August 15, 2008

Gaming...

In Psychology we were debating whether or not playing violent video games cause a person's aggressive behavior.
Well, for me i believe it's a whole debate on nature vs. nurture. If you're taught it's wrong, you're not gunna pull a gun on someone because you've been playing Halo 3 for 2 days straight. I think its something psychologically deeper (being aggressive that is) but i do think that environment plays a key role in shaping an individual.
But that's not why I'm posting this.
I just wanted to share games i find interesting/fun/challenging.

The first one i want to mention is Fashion Solitaire. Me and my younger brother have been playing it for about 2 hours. Well I've been playing and he's been a tremendous helper...
It seemed stupid at first, but it makes your brain hurt by level 9..... The whole point is to dress models up but the clothing is all separated on cards. The cards only appear if you take the one on top off. Hence, Fashion Solitaire.

The next one is Patchworkz. This one has been my favorite for a long time. I'm sure my Aunt Patty would get kick out of it, because of the quilting background!! It is one of the most peaceful games, it really calms me down. Very monotonous not a lot of energy or attention involved, yet it still keeps your brain sharp.

Carrie the Caregiver is my all time favorite game because it's tough. It keeps your senses sharp and you have to be on top of it to get ahead. I love it. You have to take care of a nursery by feeding the babies, changing their diapers and all that fancy stuff.

As you can see i won't be expressing my aggressive attitudes any time soon. I really don't enjoy chopping off peoples heads in video games....

What are your favorite non-violent games?

1 comment:

Patty said...

Taylor,

I played the game patch... I made it to level 31...!! then it was just more of the same.

Now what??

I like the games on wwww.zone.com. Lots of puzzels and strategy games.

Aunt Patty