Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election day off?

since when do they give us election day off???  frankly i think it is stupid, because giving kids a day off of school does nothing.  we don't vote, our parents do. and parents with younger kids now have their kids to deal with when trying to get out and vote.  I just think it's stupid.  Believe me i am oh so happy about having a day off, it is wonderful, but i really think it's stupid to give us a day off on election day.  
Now i am not writing anything about politics, because i really don't have a say, and don't really care.  which is really bad, i know, but i really don't have any power to change the votes.  Hopefully McCain wins.
anyway today i am stuck at home, cleaning and doing chores.... finishing my laundry!! woo!!
Aunt Patty comes tomorrow!!! I AM SOOOOO PUMPED!!!!! i just can't wait! also tomorrow: my cousin is calling me.... hopefully... haha
tonight going out to dinner for my friend's 17th birthday... still haven't decided what to get him, and his birthday's tomorrow!!

1 comment:

Denise Foley said...

The school district gave the day off because a few of them were voting polls and they thought it would be too dangerous to have kids at the school with busses and voters coming in and out.
Love, Mom